Monday, November 20, 2017

International ELM training in St. Louis

I love it when multiple worlds and cultures collide in a divinely-orchestrated way.

On Nov 17th & 18th, I drove to St. Louis and had the privilege of training a new group of English Language Ministry teachers using our Bible-content materials.  In this training, we had people from Africa, South Asia, America, and Central America.  The training was organized and hosted by a brother named Sam (not his real name) from South Asia who is finishing his doctorate degree at Concordia Seminary.  One of the couples at the training, Jason & Ana, are friends and long-time advocates for missions so it was great to get to connect with them again.

Here's an encouraging note I received from Sam after the workshop that highlights the beautiful multiplication effect of training and entrusting others with the work:

Dear Tedd,

Thank you very much for teaching us the ESL class. It was an awesome experience. It helped me a lot to understand various methods to teach the people as well as help them know Christ. And it opened a new way of thought to teach people in an effective way. I like your mode of teaching which is very apt to our people and will help the people read, write and speak with less effort. As we discussed in the class in our place education is an expensive thing and many of the kids are not able to get good education and your tools will help us to support these people and share the Gospel.I appreciate your help and kindness.

I will go back to India in December and will keep in touch with you. As I said my plan is to adopt 10 villages and will introduce this teaching method to them. I will let you know the further developments.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...