Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cooking for a Cause Continued

Emily here.

Last night was such a success!  I was really nervous because I normally make the rice by eyeing the ingredients and adding whatever's lacking at the end.  I was also nervous about teaching a recipe in Spanish, since I'm not very familiar with kitchen vocabulary, but everything went so well!

Here are some pictures of our "class"
Walter & his wife (not sure how to spell her name : )  Notepad ready to go!

 

Pausing between bites to smile for the camera...

mmmm...the final result!  Want to try it out?  I posted the recipe over on my personal blog!

I really hope this will help them out a bit.  Next week Walter's wife is going to show me how to make flour tortillas from scratch, and the week after that Tedd plans to teach them how to make a good ole hamburger!  Should be lots of fun!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...