This Spring, we are pleased to announce some new full-time workers in literacy ministry. These remarkable people are the ones who carry out the mission of LEI day in and day out. It’s where the rubber meets the road. For a good read on the importance of national missionaries, there’s a great resource from GFA - Revolution in World Missions.
For starters, I'd like to introduce you to Byron and Maria. They are very dear to us.
Byron Feliciano Temaj
Ministry Responsibilities: As the national director, Byron is responsible for overseeing the ministry of LAMP and its members. Byron plans, coordinates, and supervises the various literacy ministry projects of LAMP, LEI’s sister organization.
1. Diligence to build support team and accomplish assignments.
2. Time management and juggling many commitments.
3. Encouragement for when I feel discouraged and tired.
4. Consistent times of focused prayer.
5. Good stewardship of limited funds
Maria Magdalena Gabriel Lopez
Ministry Responsibilities: María is the chief secretary and financial administrator for LAMP (LEI Guatemala). She keeps the office running smoothly and assists the National Director, Byron. She also teaches literacy classes to women and develops new literacy materials in the Mam language.
1. My health - ongoing battle with gastritis.
2. Strength to face my fears.
3. For my economic needs & support.
4. For the ability to express how I feel.
5. For an attitude of prayer